Thursday, May 14, 2009

print's "New Visual Artists 2009"

These are some of the artists I liked that Print magazine focused on this year.

Hannah Cho is a graphic designer from Los Angeles, CA. 
She is 26 and has done work for INDEX, the international design awards held in Copenhagen
and some work for American Eagle. I really like how she uses patterns and silhouettes.

Josh Cochran is 29 and lives in Brooklyn, NY. 
He is a really wonderful illustrator and some of his stuff reminds me of John's drawings.

Jennifer Daniel lives in Brooklyn and is 26. 
She is a designer and illustrator, and I really like her sense of humor 
(for example, her "about me" is mostly in latin).

Sveinn Davidsson is a 23 year old designer from Reykjavik, Iceland. 
I really like the way he uses type and his website looks a lot like the first project 
I did for Stan's class.

Eleanor Davis actually lives in Athens. 
She is a cartoonist/illustrator and is 25. 
She has a fun illustration style, and I thought it was neat that she lives in Georgia.

Well, that is all for now. I really am trying to use this little month break from doing design
work to really study what people around me are doing, and to also work on being a bette
illustrator. (I have a lot of time for sketching, as I am in a stupid maymester class where
I have five hours to do nothing but sketch and read magazines. 
Like hell I am actually going to pay attention in class.)

No comments: