I researched old playbills and theater things from the late 1800's to get some sort of direction. I wanted it to look classic and clean. I need to work on the typography on the back a bit more though.
I like the elegance this card brings the eye. I agree that the type needs altering on the back. Did you try making "Miracle House Broadway Benefit" bigger, and taking up 2 lines? That way, it would not compete with the ticket price info, because they appear to be the same size, so the hierarchy is in danger of getting lost.
Of all these postcards I've seen so far, I like this one the best. It doesn't feel like you're forcing the artwork into your design, rather they are relating to each other.
3 comments:
I am digging that typeface, Shauna, and that serify line decorative thingy is pretty fancy too;p
I like the elegance this card brings the eye. I agree that the type needs altering on the back. Did you try making "Miracle House Broadway Benefit" bigger, and taking up 2 lines? That way, it would not compete with the ticket price info, because they appear to be the same size, so the hierarchy is in danger of getting lost.
Great colors too.
Of all these postcards I've seen so far, I like this one the best. It doesn't feel like you're forcing the artwork into your design, rather they are relating to each other.
Post a Comment